Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Are you drinking enough water??

It all started with a cramp in my foot at the beginning of my Pilates class last night. Then the cramp moved up to my calf, then my hamstring, and then my quad!!! What was going on??? It's then that I realized that I had just worked out for three hours and only drank one 16 oz bottle full of water. Yup, I was definitely dehydrated and it made me think about the importance of water, not just for weight loss, but for your body's overall well being! I can't stress enough how important it is to drink water all day long, especially when working out!

There has been mixed reviews when it comes to the temperature of your water. I can help clear some of the controversy up for you. Cold water is best!!! I know some of you are gonna come back at me with magazine articles that say luke warm is better, but I'm here to tell you that cold water will help shock your system in a good way!!

So, just to keep this blog short, drink 8 glasses of water a day- more if you workout!!

No comments:

Post a Comment